It is just about time. The day in which we celebrate our freedom and the soldiers who provide it for us. A day full of grilling, drinking, fireworks, camping and spending time with friends and family. Most of us have Independence Day traditions, one of mine is to make new 4th of July shots or drinks for everyone try. A pretty fun tradition, I know!
Videos by Outdoors
Just like fireworks there have been some beauties and some duds, but I really outdid myself this time with these Cake Vodka Milkshake Shots. But I can’t take full credit for the concoction as I got the idea from the Tipsy Bartender on Instagram. This is a great after lunch dessert shot as it has ice cream and tastes like cake! Any recipe that I get to use redi whip is a good recipe in my books.
One thing to remember since these shots will be using ice cream, is to let each layer harden so the colors don’t mix together. You really can’t go wrong whipping this quick shot up for your friends and family, it will make for just one more reason to love the 4th of July and America!
- 3 oz. Cake Vodka
- 3 Cups Vanilla Ice Cream
- Red Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- Whipped Cream, I use Redi Whip
- Red, White & Blue Sprinkles
- To make each shot, blend 1 oz of cake vodka with 1 cup of the vanilla ice cream and blue food coloring. You can continue to add food coloring until you have the shade you like. Pour it in to the bottom of the shot glass and put it in the freezer.
- You will do the same thing for the middle layer, 1 oz of cake vodka and 1 cup of vanilla ice cream. There is no need for food coloring, just put it on top of the blue layer and put back in freezer.
- For the final layer, mix 1 ox of cake vodka with 1 cup of ice cream and add red food coloring. You can continue to add food coloring until you have the shade you like. Pour it in to the top layer of the shot glass and put it in the freezer until it all hardens.
- Before serving top with whipped cream and sprinkles!