Trail mix is the ultimate take anywhere, go anywhere camping snack. Including crispy Top Ramen noodles as the base to build from gives this special mix an out-of-the-ordinary texture and outstanding flavor you won’t find in store-bought mixes. Be sure to make plenty and bring lots of zipper top bags to divvy it up — everybody will want some!
Nissin Top Ramen Trail Mix
Author: 50 Campfires
Recipe type: Snack
Serves: 6-8 cups
- 2 packs of Nissin Top Ramen (one chicken flavor, one any flavor)
- 1 cup cashew halves and pieces
- 1 cup roughly chopped dried mandarin orange slices
- ¼ cup finely chopped candied ginger (omit if your not a fan of ginger)
- 1 cup either dried cranberries, wasabi peas, or dried kiwi (or your favorite dried fruit or berries)
- sea salt
- olive oil cooking spray
- Crush one pack of noodles. Open and set aside flavor packet. Pour crushed noodles into large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Crush other pack of chicken flavor noodles. Open and set aside flavor packet. Pour these crushed noodles onto baking sheet. Spray lightly with olive oil cooking spray.
- Sprinkle contents of chicken flavor pack evenly over noodles on tray. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes, until noodles are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow noodles to cool briefly. Then add toasted noodles to those already in mixing bowl.
- Stir together. Taste and add sea salt as need.
- Add cashews, mandarin orange slices, ginger (if you use it), and your choice of additional dried berries, peas, or fruit.
- Mix together well. Store in zipper-top plastic bags. Throw in your pack for great trail or car snacks.