The Colorado Slopper Camping Recipe
This is one of those recipes for which the creation is claimed by a number of old timey Colorado watering holes. We’re not sure who to give the credit to, but whoever dreamt this one up came up with a winner.
The feature ingredient in this recipe is Colorado Green Chili. You can use this vegetarian recipe, or search out one that includes ham/pork if you like.
If you’ve never had a smothered burger before, this is a great one to try. And whipping it up any time you’re grilling burgers is no problem.
Colorado Slopper Camping Recipe
Author: 50 Campfires
- 4 oz. 80/20 ground beef
- large size white hamburger bun
- ½ cup Colorado Green Chili (at least … use as much as you like.)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar or cheese blend (again … more is better.)
- Grill burger to you liking. We recommend medium rare to medium.)
- Split bun and lay it open in a bowl.
- Place grilled burger in middle of two halves of bun.
- Place shredded cheese on top of warm burger. It will begin to melt. That’s good.
- Ladle on the warm (temperature) Colorado Green Chili. Cover the whole thing.
- Use a spoon to enjoy the whole thing and get every drop!