If you go camping enough, hot dogs get old real quick. That’s why one of my family’s favorite alternatives is a pasta dish — a Dutch oven recipe for chicken pasta with herbs. They love the taste and I love how easy it is to make!
Videos by Outdoors
Dutch Oven Chicken Pasta with Herbs
- Author: Chelsey Janes / Dutch Oven Madness
- Recipe type: Main
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serves: Four
- 1 to 2 teaspoon salt free seasoning blend
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 1 envelope savory herb and garlic soup mix, divided
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, fresh
- 1 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Use a non-stick cooking spray to coat the Dutch Oven. You can also line with tin foil and spray. Combine the seasoning blend and poultry seasoning, sprinkle over the chicken.
- Sauté the chicken in oil and two tablespoons of butter over a full spread of coals until juices run clear. Add the water, teriyaki sauce, onion soup mix and two tablespoons herb and garlic soup mix. Bring to a boil.
- Cover and move about a quarter of the coals from the bottom of the dutch oven to the top, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and add to the chicken mixture.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, remaining butter, and remaining herb and garlic soup mix. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
What are your favorite Dutch oven recipes? Tells us in the comments below.