We’re assuming as melted cheese drips down your fingers, there’s a big smile on your face. That gooey, deliciousness oozing everywhere is a sign of a successful melted creation. There are so many uses for Sriracha that the recipes for this tasty sauce are nearly endless – and there’s a good reason. Sriracha has a unique taste, bringing a little spice and packing a huge flavor punch to any meal.
We’ve dabbled in plenty of attempts to incorporate the sauce and have successfully navigated a few killer recipes such as this Honey Sriracha Chicken Quesadilla. Not only does the honey and sriracha blend well, but stuff it with melted cheese and a crispy tortilla and you have a dish that adults and kids will love.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Quesadilla
Author: Chelsey Janes
Recipe type: Lunch or Dinner
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 flour tortillas
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the chicken breast by grill, foil packet or on the camp stove. Chopped in to ½ inch pieces.
- To make the glaze for the chicken, melt the butter. Add in the flour and whisk quickly. Add the honey, sriracha, soy sauce and lime juice.
- Bring to a boil and then let simmer 1-2 minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. Add chicken and coat.
- Lightly coat one side of the tortilla with olive oil. Add ¼ cup of cheese to one tortilla, add chicken mixture and 1 tbsp of cilantro. Cover with an additional ¼ cup of cheese and the 2nd tortilla.
- Grill, wrap in tin foil and cook over the campfire or cook on a camp stove for around 5 minutes per side.