You’ll also hear this called Frogmore Stew, Beaufort Stew and Shrimp Boil. Whatever you call it you can’t make enough of it! This list of ingredients should serve 10 hungry folks, but once they start eating you’ll need seconds, thirds, and …
Videos by Outdoors
Author: Carolina Lowcountry
- 5 lb. Shrimp
- 4 Packages Hillshire Farms Beef Sausage (sliced into ¾” pieces)
- 2 lb. small red potatoes (do not cut!)
- 10 ears of fresh corn (cut in half or thirds)
- 1 small can of Old Bay Seafood Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Add generous salt, pepper and ½ can of Seafood Seasoning.
- Add potatoes. Bring back to boil and cook for 5 minutes
- Add sausage and corn. Bring back to boil and cook 5 minutes
- Add shrimp. Bring back to boil. Done when shrimp begin to float and pull away slightly from the shell.
- Notes: Some people prefer different types of sausage. Use what you like! Be sure to use small, uncut potatoes as they will turn the water “starchy” if you cut them. You can add many things to this basic recipe – crab legs, onions and even Brussels sprouts.