It makes of those tasty and healthy pumpkin seeds you harvested when carving your Halloween jack-o-lantern. It incorporates many of the traditional fall harvest and Thanksgiving flavors to enjoy at home, in the woods or at the campsite.
This delicious combo idea is shared with 50 Campfires courtesy of Reeni at cinamonspiceandeverrythingnice.com. She includes a recipe if you want to roast the pumpkin seeds in your home oven, but be sure to check out 50 Campfires recipe for roasting them over the campfire, too.
Toasted Pumpkin Seed Trail Mix
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 + ½ tsp. olive oil
- Sea or kosher salt
- 1 cup whole almonds
- About 1 tsp. sugar
- ⅔ cup organic coconut flakes
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 cup banana chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 1 big chocolate bar, chopped into bite-size pieces (or 1 cup M&M’s, Reese’s pieces or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Toss pumpkin seeds with 1 teaspoon olive oil and spread out on one side of a large baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Toss the almonds with ½ teaspoon olive oil and spread out on other side of the baking sheet. Toast about 10 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove and allow to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl toss everything together. Store in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid in a cool place 2-3 weeks.