Aperol is a Italian bitter aperitif made from bitter orange, gentian, rhubarb, and cinchona among other ingredients. It adds a desirable and unexpected flavor to that pitcher of Sangria you love to throw together for your friends.
Aperol Sangria For A Bitter Bite On A Hot Summer Day
This twist on traditional sangria is sure to please your thirsty guests. There’s just something about Aperol that makes you keep coming back for more.
Recipe type: Hard Punch
- 1 bottle of delicious, fruity red wine
- ½ cup of brandy
- 2 oz of Aperol (then more to taste)
- Simple syrup to taste
- Limes, lemons, strawberries, orange slices…what ever you want really…
- Toss the fruit in a tall glass with the brandy and give it a nice tender muddle.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Pour the fruit, brandy, wine and Aperol in a glass pitcher and serve.
- *Aperol is delicious and has a relatively low alcohol content, so don’t be afraid to pour more in. If you need it to be a little sweeter add a tablespoon of simple syrup.