These Barbecue Chicken Skewers are as flavorful as they are simple to put together. They can even be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, ready to go for any picnic, tailgate, or cookout.
Videos by Outdoors
- 2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (divided)
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Slice the chicken into cubes and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, the red wine vinegar, kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, and olive oil to the chicken. Mix well and allow to marinate in the refrigerator, at least 1 hour. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water while the chicken marinates.
- Thread the marinated chicken onto the skewers (I use 2 skewers to prevent sliding).
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat. Grill the chicken skewers for about about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Brush the chicken with the remaining 1/2 cup of barbecue sauce during the last minute or two of cooking.
- Serve and enjoy.