Bear Grylls has made a career by showing others to survive in the wild.
Here are some of his best quotes about survival, which are also suitable for day-to-day life.
- “Survival can be summed up in three words- never give up. That’s the heart of it really. Just keep trying.”
- “A man’s pride can be his downfall, and he needs to learn when to turn to others for support and guidance.”
- “The line between life or death is determined by what we are willing to do.”
- “You’re not human if you don’t feel fear. But I’ve learnt to treat fear as an emotion that sharpens me. It’s there to give me that edge for what I have to do.”
- “…Adventure has always been to me the connections and bounds you create with people when you’re there. And you can have that anywhere.”
- “I hang out all the time with kids and young scouts and I never met kids who don’t want adventure.”
- “Some of the greatest survivors have been women. Look at the courage so many women have shown after surviving earthquakes in the rubble for days on end.”
- “Survival is not about being fearless. It’s about making a decision, getting on and doing it, because I want to see my kids again, or whatever the reason might be.”
- Survival requires us to leave our prejudices at home. It’s about doing whatever it takes- and ultimately those with the biggest heart will win.”
- “Life’s full of lots of dream-stealers always telling you you need to do something more sensible. I think it doesn’t matter what your dream is, just fight the dream-stealers to hold onto it.”